Thursday, September 11, 2008

My second day at Kindergarten


Mommy dropped me off! And mommy gave me a hug and Mrs. Boyd told me I could do anything I wanted. This time she said I could do anything I wanted, not told me I could get something out and play with it. And so I played with some Legos and then she twisted a lollipop that went bad and it makes a “sthsthsth” sound and that means “stop cause Mrs. Boyd wants to talk to us.” She said that there were 2 more minutes left to play and so me and Esperanza (her name is Espy) cleaned up our things that we were playing with and then we sat down on the rug with everyone else. But then Jatin started smushing me and he went under the table. And I laughed. And Jatin got out from under the table and he came back and then we had a chance to circle any letter we wanted in that room with a marker. The letters were like hidden in the room. And there were 5 Ds that people chose. I chose the letter S. I found it hanging on the bathroom door, I don’t know how it got put there. It’s a hidden letter. And then Mrs. Boyd asked the class what sounds the letters made and Esperanza got one of them wrong cause someone circled a Y and Esperanza thought it said “yuh” expect it says “yee” not “yuh.” And then a boy named Jaden circled a letter called “B” and we got that one right. And guess what? When I circled the letter S, guess what color I got? I got the color blue! So when we were done with that we went to the table and Mrs. Boyd told us that we were going to go to recess. And so we ate our honey bumble bees and we went outside and we went to recess. And I played and played and played and played and played. I was going to play soccer or jump rope except for I didn’t have any time I don’t think. And then someone I didn’t know came up to me and she said it was time to go back to my class. And so I went to the door and I went inside my classroom and then we ate another snack. We ate like 5 more bumblebees and then we went back outside and we went to recess and guess who we saw there?!? When the next time we were going back to the classroom we saw Mr. Paulson! And we said “hi” to Mr. Paulson and we went to the office and we saw Joyce and we said “good morning” to Joyce and then we went to the bathroom because I had to go potty and guess who we saw there? We saw Mr. Paulson! And then we went to the library and we went in there and we read some books. We read a Jump Start book, we read The Cow Jumped over the Moon book and then we went back to the classroom, but guess who we saw when we were going back to the classroom? We saw Mr. Paulson AGAIN! And we yelled “hi” to Mr. Paulson. And then we went back to the classroom and we sat down on the rug and we danced the popcorn dance. It goes 5 times the same line. Popcorn, please pop for me. Popcorn, please pop for me. Popcorn, please pop for me. Popcorn, please pop for me. Popcorn, please pop for me. POP POP POPCORN! And then you go “tap your head” and then you go “rub your belly” and you go “try to do both.” POP POP POPCORN. Spin around. Spin again. One more time. POP POP POPCORN. Popcorn, please pop for me. Popcorn, please pop for me. Popcorn, please pop for me. POP POP POPCORN. Then you go “twist your waist” and you go “come on get the twist” and then you go “get your arms going” POP POP POPCORN. And that’s all. And then guess what we did? We read the book Five Little Monkeys Jumping On the Bed. And we made monkey puppets and here’s how we made them. Everyone gets a piece of paper with pictures of 5 little monkeys on it and then you color those pictures of 5 little monkeys. And then you cut them out and then you raise your hand and you ask for your teacher for some popsicle sticks. And you tape the popsicle sticks on the back of your monkeys and then you’re all done and you get a plastic bag and you zip them all up. And then you put them in your backpack and then you go back to school and that’s how you do them. And then all the other kids in my class went over to Mrs. Colby on the rug and Mrs. Colby gave us sheets of information on the Jog-a-thon! And then I ran to my backpack and I put the papers and envelope in my backpack and then I didn’t notice it, but it was time to go home. And Mrs. Colby walked me out to the door and guess who was waiting there? MOMMY & BROOKLYNN!!! And I ran to mommy and Brooklynn and then Mrs. Boyd came out and she gave me a sticker with a lady bug on it. And she gave a girl named Nerissa a sticker of a grasshopper and she gave a girl named Esperanza a sticker with a grasshopper too! And Mrs. Boyd said I was a cutie-pie, a sweetie I mean and she said that I listened really well and she liked me as a helper and that I was good friend to the other kids and I was nice. And then I saw my friend Hannah run past me with her mommy with the monkey backpack! I think that meant she was taking the monkey home. And so we got in the car and then when we were already driving to meet Aunt Elnu at the Farmer’s Market, I realized that I left my water bottle at the school. And so I went back to get it and it was sitting right there! And I grabbed my water bottle and I ran back to the car and then we met Aunt Elnu at the Farmer’s Market and we got lots of yummy produce to eat. THE END.

No comments: