Monday, September 15, 2008

My 5th Day at Kindergarten


Typed by Brinsley:

Mommy droped me off at kindergarten! And I GOT TO STAE THARE!!!!!

Typed by mommy:

And I was playing Chutes and Ladders with Dora and Diego and Boots. Only Boots got lost I think. I looked everywhere for it. I looked under the easel and on my table and on the floor, but Boots was not anywhere. And under the board. I think someone stole him! (laughter from Brinsley) Then Mrs. Boyd twisted a lollipop that went bad. That is the funniest thing ever and that means “STOP! Cause Mrs. Boyd wants to talk to us!” And she said it was time to clean up and so me and Trinity (whose name I thought was Teresa) cleaned up our stuff cause we were playing Chutes and Ladders together. And she played the 5 little monkeys song while we were still playing. And Mrs. Boyd told us that we were going to finish our monkeys, but first we sat down on the rug and we read the newsletter. It said “Dear Boys and Girls, Today is our fifth day of school. We will be finishing our centers” plus also it said “we will be doing calendar.” And so went and we did the calendar. There was a pattern and we did the same pattern and we FINALLY caught up to it. And then she explained to us about why the pattern was there and then we went to the table and we finished our centers. Except for I still didn’t get to do the apple tree and I’m gonna do it on Tuesday, I think. Then I’ll be all finished with the centers. Today I did finish the monkey puppets and I did write your name in a Monday folder, plus also I got a book order at the end of the day, in the Monday folder. And then we went to snack, except for we just sat on the rug, we didn’t go to the table. And guess what it was? Graham crackers and go-gurts! And I sat by a girl named Hailey, plus also I sat by a girl with a Mickey Mouse sweatshirt, named Tamalynn. Plus also I sat by a girl named Maya and a boy named Aldous. They were talking about Star Wars. I don’t even know what that movie’s all about! And then we finished our graham crackers, we shoved them into our mouths, and then we went outside. But first we had to get our seatbelts on. But I don’t even know how such tiny kids can have mouths so big to fit a whole entire graham cracker on. So we went outside. I saw Mr. Paulson! And I played and played and played and played. But then, just like before, me and Hannah were still playing and someone I don’t know came up to me – it was the Spanish teacher, I think, except I don't actually know the Spanish teacher. And she said it was time to go back to class. So me and Hannah came down from there. We ran to join our friends and so did Morgan S. Morgan S. is the girl. Morgan Eric is the boy. So the difference is Morgan S. and Morgan E. I have a water bottle that says “Brinsley Hammond-Brouwer” on a sticker on it. I take that water bottle to my class everyday. Except how I can I do that because I have only had class 5 days and I put my water bottle in 3 days, but then a girl named Aronna lost her water bottle, so that means there are 23 water bottles, I think. But how can there be 23 water bottles because there are 25 monkeys in that place!?! So we came in from the playground, but guess who walked in with us too? Mr. Paulson! Mr. Paulson is a principal. We went to our room and then we went and we sat down, except I did not actually sit down, because I was not done with my center actually. It’s called “write your name in the Monday folder.” And I did it except I still have a ton of sheets to do, and then I have to take it home tomorrow and then the next week I have to bring it back. Except you don’t actually get to keep it. We went on the rug and we listened to a story and then we went home and everyone grabbed their backpack, but first I had to get a Monday folder. And then we walked out with principal instead of Mrs. Boyd. That was funny! And we went out and I looked around for mommy and mommy was right there! Cause I wanted to get to her fast cause I had to carry my book order in my Monday folder and my messenger bag plus also I had to carry my big new heavy silver daddy sized water bottle to the car. Except for Brooklynn just carried my water bottle and that’s all. We went to the car and I did NOT forget my water bottle.

Some other “stuff”:

Mr. Monkey went home with Nerissa. This weekend he was with Matthew and he jumped on the bed with Matthew. And his sister.

Someone said “poop” cause they called playdough poop in class and my last story, my 4th day of kindergarten, and look for the other stories of my days in kindergarten. That’s all.

They have to go in the thinking chair if they aren’t being good or they aren’t being polite. They have to stay in there for 5 minutes. Then they have to tell the teacher what they’ve been thinking about. There’s a thinking chair in every room.

THE END

No comments: