Wednesday, September 17, 2008

My 7th Day at Kindergarten




Typed by Brinsley
Mommy droped me off at kindergarten! AND I GOT TO STAY THERE!!!!!

Typed by Daddy
Mrs. Boyd said that we should put our water bottles in the black crate. (I don’t remember.) We sat on the rug and then we read the newsletter. Here’s what it said: September 17th, I guess. 2008. Dear Boys and Girls: Today is our 7th day at school. We will be drawing a monkey face with markers. And guess what? Wait til you hear this! There’s a new teacher helper! Her name is Mrs. Gordon. And Mrs. Gordon passed out boxes of markers and wait til you hear this! I got the markers that I bought! And Hanna sits next to me, and Alexandra. Hannah is on my left, and Alexandra is on my right. (Daddy, left and right are both words that don’t mean directions. Like “I left you” and “You are right.”) And then we got monkey pictures. Except they didn’t have eyes and they didn’t have a nose and they didn’t have a mouth. And we had to draw them and Mrs. Boyd drew a monkey face and she drew HUGE eyes and put some eyeballs in them and then she drew a GIGANTIC nose except then a boy named Jatin said he would draw better eyes. And he drew teensy tiny eyes like that and he put some eyeballs in them and then a girl who cries a lot—a girl named Aronna—said she would draw a better nose. And she drew a teensy tiny nose. And then Mrs. Boyd drew a HUGE mouth and then the whole class did a teensy tiny mouths on it. Like one person did the first part of the mouth and another person did the next part of the mouth and another person did the next part of the mouth and another person did another part of the mouth and another person did another part of the mouth. And then it looked GREAT! Like Goofy the Great. I saw that movie. Not too long ago. And we colored on monkey but first we had to draw the eyes and ears and mouth and nose. (Brinsley sang this part.) Eyes and ears and mouth and nose! After I finished drawing I drew bows on my monkey then a girl named Alexandra said she wanted bows but she didn’t know how to draw bows so I drew a bow and then we went to recess but I had to go to the bathroom so I went to the bathroom and I took the monkey pass and then I went to recess and played and played and played and played. Guess who I saw? Guess who I saw? I saw Mr. PAULSON! And then Mrs. Gordon standed by us and the whistle blew one time and everyone on the playground stopped. And the whistle blew two times and everyone on the playground runned and lined up on the yellow line. Except not Mr. Paulson. And then we went inside because Mrs. Gordon went us inside. And then she counted 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26. She was counting the monkeys in that place. And then we ate snack. Audrey passed out snack. I don’t remember what snack was. It was Go-GURTS! After I ate GO-GURTS we teared pieces of paper and we glued them onto A’s and then we walked outside with Mrs. Gordon and Mommy and Brooklynn picked me up.

THE END

No comments: